UPDATE: Due to the COVID19 pandemic the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Office will not be allowing any property of any type into the jail. All lobby video visitation is cancelled until further notice. Off-site video visits are still being allowed. Attorney and probation/parole visits are being done in the old visitation over the phones. All clergy visits and worship services are canceled until further notice. We ask you not to visit our facility during this time. Further updates can be found here or on our Facebook page.
Detainees of the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Office have access to phones, video visitation, e-messages, and regular mail. All communication other than regular mail is handled via SECURUS. Use the following information to obtain access to the respective services:
Download the Securus App on your smart phone or mobile device.
Detainees of the jail have access to collect telephone calls only and are allowed to make telephone calls only during certain hours of the day. Telephone messages of any kind are not allowed to be passed to detainees from outside citizens by any officer.
If you are having problems getting collect calls from a detainee, please contact Securus. If you wish to block a detainee from calling you, please call the Sheriff's Office and ask to speak with a member of the Jail Staff or contact Securus directly.
E-Messaging / Video Visitation:
RULES FOR HOME USER ACCOUNTS
1. You MUST provide a photo of your Driver's License/State ID/Passport AND a photo of yourself.
2. Each of these photos MUST be clear with NO FILTERS, no sunglasses, hats, etc.
Failure to abide by these rules will result in your Home User Account not being approved.
RULES FOR VIDEO VISITS
1. No nudity, sexually explicit clothing, or any actions of a sexual nature.
2. No use of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco while on visit.
3. No unapproved media viewing such as social media, video visits via other platforms.
4. User registered to account must be present for the entire visit.
5. If you wish to visit with a minor (such as your children/siblings) they can be in the visit, but the adult registered to the account must be present the entire time.
6. Unapproved visitors. If you have an unapproved visitor visiting using another individuals account it will result in a ban as well. Inform that person to make their own account.
To expand the safety and security of the Cape Girardeau County Detention Center for detainees and Staff, the following changes are being implemented to the way in which this facility will handle detainee mail:
- All non-privileged correspondence entering the Jail Facility must be post cards
- All postcards must be standard white postcards, no index cards or photographs.
- Postcards must be no larger than 5" X 7".
- Postcards will have their stamps removed and discarded prior to delivery to the detainee.
- Postcards must be addressed with the return address clearly readable.
- There will be no limit on how many postcards detainees can receive but detainees will be limited to ten postcards in their cell at any one time.
- Unacceptable postcards will be returned to sender. Unacceptable postcards include but are not limed to the following:
- Defaced or altered postcards are unacceptable
- No plastic/wrappings on postcards.
- No labels or stickers will be accepted.
- No postcards with watermarks or stains.
- No postcards with biohazards, including lipsticks, perfumes, or other foreign substances.
- No postcards depicting nudity, weapons, alcohol or gang references.
Sending a Detainee money / funds:
You may put money on a detainee's account by utilizing one of the following:
- Online at www.AccessCorrections.com
- Via phone by calling (866) 345-1884
- Or by utilizing the kiosk in the main lobby at the Sheriff's Office.
If you should have any other questions, please feel free to contact the Cape Girardeau County Jail Division at (573) 243-3551 option 1or email at firstname.lastname@example.org